As an administrator you can add or subtract hours from any employee's account at any time. This article explains how to do a batch/bulk update of employee account balances via a file import.
Before you can import the file, you'll first need to create it! The file must be a CSV file (comma separated values) with these columns:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Work Email (or Employee ID will work as a unique ID too)
- Amount (the values in this column should be provided in hours)
Once your file is ready to go, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Settings > Paid Time Off.
- Click the arrow next to the name of the policy for which you'd like to do the bulk balance modification.
- Choose the Import Balance Modifications link from the menu.
- Upload the CSV file you created earlier.
- Confirm and/or edit the amounts and add an optional note.
- Submit the modifications!
Each employee's balance will then be updated, and an entry will be added to their Transaction History. If you provided a note it will also be included on the transaction.
Note: If you only need to update one employee's account, you may find this article to be more helpful.