Once an approved PTO request date is past, the request is processed as a transaction. A transaction means the requested amount of time is deducted from the employee's account, reducing their account balance. You can learn more about transactions in this article.
Transactions can be deleted but the following rules apply:
- Only an administrator can delete a transaction.
- Transactions can only be deleted one at a time.
- Only the most recent transaction for an employee can be deleted. You cannot delete a transaction in the middle of an employee's Transaction History.
- If you delete an accrual transaction, the system will not re-run that accrual for you.
- Transaction deletions are PERMANENT! We cannot recover a transaction that you delete so proceed with utmost caution.
If you do wish to delete a transaction, follow these steps:
- Take a screenshot of an employee's Transaction History before you delete any transactions so that you have a record of what the history looked like prior to your change.
- Click on the most recent transaction.
- Click the Delete button.
- Confirm that you really want to delete the transaction.