For organizations with more than a few employees, getting your initial employee data into a new system can be a daunting task. At Built for Teams, we're here to make that process as quick and painless as possible.
Built for Teams is capable of importing a data file containing your basic employee information as long as the data file meets the following criteria:
- The file format is CSV.
- The data file has one column per employee attribute (e.g. first name).
- The data file has one row per employee, with each cell of the row containing the appropriate data corresponding to the column heading.
- The file does not have any extra rows or columns with "notes" or other non-data content.
- The file includes the following minimum list of columns, with values for every employee: first name, last name, work email.
- If you wish the importer to automatically build your org chart, each employee's row should contain a cell with their manager's email address or employee ID. If referencing the manager's employee ID, then employee ID becomes a required column for every employee in addition to those listed above.
If you feel comfortable working with data files, you can import your own file by going to the People page and clicking the "Import a List" button. Otherwise, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll help you!