Integrating with Outlook or Google Calendar
This article explains how to integrate the Built for Teams calendar with an external calendar like Outlook or Google Calendar.
1. Copy the iCal URL
- Click the Share button on your Built for Teams calendar.
- From the list of available iCal feeds, click the "Copy URL" link next to the feed that contains the calendar information you wish to share with an external calendar.
Note that only administrators have access to this area of Built for Teams. Employees will have to obtain these links from an administrator.
To manage your list of iCal feeds, follow the instructions in this article.
2. Paste the iCal URL into your external calendar
Depending on the calendar you use and its version, the steps for how to add a calendar using a link may vary. You should be able to add to any calendar, but you might need to search online for additional instructions.
For Microsoft Outlook 365:
- Open your Outlook calendar.
- Right click on "Other Calendars".
- Click "Open Calendar".
- Paste the iCal link from Built for Teams into the "Internet Calendar" field.
For Google Calendar:
- Open your Google calendar.
- Click the arrow next to "Other Calendars".
- Click on "Add by URL".
- Paste the iCal link from Built for Teams into the field.
Note: Because Google and Outlook determine how often to synchronize external calendar data, new PTO requests may take up to 24 hours to show on your calendar. To see real-time PTO requests and approvals go to your Built for Teams calendar.